Bing Ads has recently emerged as a major threat to Google AdWords’ dominance in search engine marketing. If you are an affiliate marketer, I suggest that you take Bing Ads very seriously.

Bing Advertising gives you access not just to Bing.com, but also to other search engines such as Yahoo.com and AOL.com. There are also many smaller affiliate sites that also fall under Bing. So you will have access to a large online ecosystem with Bing Ads.

How You Can Benefit from Bing Advertising

As a small business owner, you have a lot to gain from Bing Advertising. Let’s say you have a bike repair shop in Denver. So when someone searches for “bike repair Denver”, they will be led to different bike repair shops in the city. But with Bing Advertising, your shop can be on the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) provided you are the highest bidder for this keyword phrase on Bing.

This is pretty much the same as how Google AdWords works, and bidding for keywords on Bing is an automated process, much in the same manner as on Google. You only have to outbid your competition for your website to be on the top of the SERPs for a specific keyword.

Why Is It Important to be on Top of the SERPs?

Studies show that the websites that appear on top of the SERPs for a given keyword phrase get 70% to 90% of the traffic for that search term. The websites that appear in the results below have to share the remaining 10% to 30%. So you can see why it is so important that you should be on top of the Bing SERPs for a particular keyword.

 Why Bing, and not Google?

I don’t think you should choose between Bing and Google, they are both very important. But to answer the question, Bing or Google, is not easy. Bing advertising costs three times less than advertising on Google AdWords. So you are probably going to get more bang for the buck.

However, except in the United States, which is the biggest market for Bing, Bing does not have anywhere close to the reach that Google has. Also, some of the tools on Google such as Google Analytics, are better than those on Bing.

Still, the fact that Bing does not have the same volume as Google is an advantage, as you will have less competition to reckon with. There are far few businesses advertising on Bing than on Google, so there is a better chance that your brand will be noticed.

Not just less competition, advertising on Bing means higher conversions, better quality conversions, and a substantially lower cost per click.

How Much Does It Cost to Advertise on Bing?

It’s hard to give a specific answer to this, but generally for a keyword for which there isn’t much competition, you will have to pay $0.20 per click. This is true in niche markets. But for keywords for which there is a lot of demand, you might have to big as much as $20 per click.  The more competitive the bidding gets, the more you’ll have to pay.

Click here to find out more about my Ultimate Bing Traffic Formula!